Surgical Institute provides a broad spectrum of surgical care to include the following:
- Abdominal surgery including that of the stomach and bowel.
- Acute care surgicalist service for Avera McKennan Hospital providing round-the-clock care for patients who require urgent surgical evaluation and treatment along with those who experience traumatic injuries.
- Chest and lung surgery including the removal of lung cancers.
- Colon and rectal surgery to treat both benign and malignant diseases of the colon, rectum, and anus including colorectal cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures, and rectal prolapse.
- Endocrine surgery including treatment of the adrenal, thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- Endoscopic procedures including esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) and colonoscopy.
- Gastrointestinal surgery.
- General surgery of the abdominal organs including removal of the gallbladder and appendix.
- Hernia repair.
- Obesity surgery including both surgical and non-surgical weight loss options.
- Surgical treatment of heartburn / Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).
- Surgical treatment of varicose and spider veins.
- Surgery for spine exposures in conjunction with orthopedic and/or neurosurgeons.
- Surgical oncology including biopsy and removal of cancers of the adrenal gland, breast, colon, esophagus, liver, lung, lymph nodes, pancreas, parathyroid, rectum, skin, stomach, and thyroid.
Our surgeons prefer to utilize minimally invasive surgical techniques whenever possible. Many surgeries may be done so laparoscopically, which may reduce your hospital stay and length of recovery time. In addition, Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS) and robotic assisted surgical techniques are commonly used for a variety of procedures. Please feel free to discuss these options with any of our surgeons.