CAREFULLY CHOSEN FEW
Surgical Institute chooses its physicians with the greatest of care. All of our physicians must become Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery and Fellows of the American College of Surgeons.
No other general surgical group in this region, and few in the nation, can offer this degree of academic excellence in all of their surgeons. Surgical Institute physicians participate daily in group and hospital quality assurance programs.
Surgical Institute is regularly involved with the education of medical students and residents. Our physicians currently hold academic appointments from the University of South Dakota. Medical students and residents frequently serve clinical rotations with us. If you have any reservations about student or resident involvement with your care, please discuss it with us.
Surgical Institute physicians are active on the regional and national level and hold positions or have held positions including:
- Medical Director of the Avera McKennan Hospital Trauma Program
- Medical Director of the Avera McKennan Digestive Disease Institute
- Medical Director of the Avera McKennan Bariatric Institute
- Chief of Staff at Avera McKennan Hospital
- Vice Chief of Staff at Avera McKennan Hospital
- Chief of Surgery at Avera McKennan Hospital
- Chairman of the Department of Surgery at Avera McKennan Hospital
- Board Member at Avera McKennan Hospital
- State Chairman of the Committee of Trauma of the American College of Surgeons
- State Vice-Chairman of the Committee of Trauma of the American College of Surgeons
- Regional and State Advanced Trauma Life Support Faculty
- Board Member at Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital
- Surgery Clerkship Director for the USD School of Medicine
- Surgery Coordinating Committee Member for the USD School of Medicine